Yummy this is an easy easy recipe.
1 lb of ground beef
1 small sweet onion
1 jar of mild pepper rings
2 cans of enchilada sauce
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
8-10 burrito sized tortillas
1. In medium sized frying pan add ground beef and onion. Stir occasionally.
2. Once the ground beef is browning add the juice of the mild pepper rings into the pan, slowly. Do not wait until the beef has browned this gives it more flavor. Then stir, and continue to brown. (A simple trick passed down from my aunt Bernice)
3. Drain beef once no longer pink. Then, place back into pan.
Pre heat oven to 375
4. Add 1 jar of enchilada sauce to the beef, then 1 cup of cheese, turn on medium low heat. Just to keep it warm.
5. Grease 8×10 glass bake-ware. Then pour small amount of the enchiladas sauce into dish, enough to cover the bottom of the dish.
6. Take your meat mixture and fill tortillas using about 2 scoops of the meat mixture. One (8×10) dish will hold about 6 enchiladas. ( I usually have to use an additional pan)
7. Fold the tortillas into a pocket and place side by side, once the dish is completely full then pour another 1/2 of the enchilada sauce on top of them, and sprinkle desired amount of cheese over them.
8. Place into oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, can leave in for an additional 5 minutes for more crispy tortillas.