Yummy this is an easy easy recipe.
1 lb of ground beef
1 small sweet onion
1 jar of mild pepper rings
2 cans of enchilada sauce
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
8-10 burrito sized tortillas
1. In medium sized frying pan add ground beef and onion. Stir occasionally.
2. Once the ground beef is browning add the juice of the mild pepper rings into the pan, slowly. Do not wait until the beef has browned this gives it more flavor. Then stir, and continue to brown. (A simple trick passed down from my aunt Bernice)
3. Drain beef once no longer pink. Then, place back into pan.
Pre heat oven to 375
4. Add 1 jar of enchilada sauce to the beef, then 1 cup of cheese, turn on medium low heat. Just to keep it warm.
5. Grease 8×10 glass bake-ware. Then pour small amount of the enchiladas sauce into dish, enough to cover the bottom of the dish.
6. Take your meat mixture and fill tortillas using about 2 scoops of the meat mixture. One (8×10) dish will hold about 6 enchiladas. ( I usually have to use an additional pan)
7. Fold the tortillas into a pocket and place side by side, once the dish is completely full then pour another 1/2 of the enchilada sauce on top of them, and sprinkle desired amount of cheese over them.
8. Place into oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, can leave in for an additional 5 minutes for more crispy tortillas.
Frozen Assets: Cook for a Day, Eat for a Month.
My mouth dropped when I saw this mom Deborah Taylor-Hough, saved over $24,000 on her family’s total grocery bill during a five year period, WOW that is incredible and truly inspiring. I’ve got to have this cook book!
I checked out this posting and it gives you the outline of the book. I wish I could save like Deborah. She is amazing….
Recipes From Today’s Show: Steak and Potatoes Menu
Pan-fried Steak with sauce, this looks so yummy!
Cheesey Potatoes yum yum yum…
TODAY on MHTV: A Steakhouse-style meal is not out of your reach- today I’m making a pan-fried steak with a quick sauce that’s made right in the same pan. On the side, I’m serving up carrots agrodolce (carrots with a sweet and sour glaze) and cheesy scalloped potatoes.
Get the recipes from this episode:
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Iceberg Lettuce Wedges
Get the recipes from the 11:30 episode, Mexicana Comida Authentica
Watch ”Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn” weekdays at 11 a.m. /10 a.m. CT on Hallmark Channel.
I just started watching Lucinda Scala Quinn. I absolutely love her show. Shes different then most cooking shows, she repeats the difficult parts in the recipes. So far, every thing shes made I would cook in my own kitchen.
I can’t wait 2 try the beef empandas…..
I am dying to try this menu plan these look DELISH…IOUS
I truly enjoy making new recipes, its like christmas morning. The thrill of preparing the food & not knowing really how its going 2 taste, until you’ve got every one at the table. Waiting for that reaction of your families faces is priceless.
I will be trying this Pan-fried Steak recipe with the sides hopefully sometime next week or so in will post photo’s of my new finds from Lucinda Scala Quinn.